FULL SPECIALIST WITH SALON MANAGEMENT
To prepare students to meet the State of Florida mandated requirements to become a licensed Full Specialist.
CLOCK HOURS: 900
The Full Specialist with Salon Management program combines two disciplines to equip students with the knowledge, skills, and attitude to work in a wide range of capacities throughout the beauty and health industry. Students develop proficiencies in skin care, makeup, nail technology, and client consultation. Further training includes facets of career and business management.
• HIV104 HIV/AIDS (4 Hours)
• BMU101 MAKEUP (38 Hours)
• BMU102 EYELASH & BROW TINTING (15 Hours)
• NT101 PROFESSIONAL IMAGE (25 Hours)
• NT102 NAIL TIPS & WRAPS (25 Hours)
• NT103 UV GELS (25 Hours)
• NT104 ARTIFICAL NAIL REMOVAL (10 Hours)
• NT105 MONOMER LIQUIDS & POLYMER POWDER (25 Hours)
• NT106 NAIL FILL-INS (10 Hours)
• NT107 NAIL DISEASES & DISORDERS (25 Hours)
• NT108 INFECTIOUS CONTROL: PRINCIPLES & PRACTICES (25 Hours)
• NT109 FLORIDA LAW FOR NAILS (5 Hours)
• NT110 POLISH & NAIL ART (11 Hours)
• NT111 MANICURING (25 Hours)
• NT112 PEDICURING (25 Hours)
• SKI101 ETHICS (2 Hours)
• SKI102 PRODUCT CHEMISTRY (8 Hours)
• SKI103 HAIR REMOVAL (8 Hours)
• SKI104 BASICS OF ELECTRICITY (10 Hours)
• SKI105 SANITATION (10 Hours)
• SKI106 FLORIDA LAWS FOR SKIN (5 Hours)
• SKI107 SKIN THEORY, DISEASES & DISORDERS OF THE SKIN (85 Hours)
• SKI108 FACIAL TECHNIQUES & CONTRAINDICATIONS (115 Hours)
• SKI109 HISTORY & CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN ESTHETICS (6 Hours)
• SKI110 GENERAL ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY (10 Hours)
• SKI111 BASICS OF NUTRITION (20 Hours)
• SKI112 ADVANCED TOPICS & TREATMENTS (20 Hours)
• SKI113 BUSINESS SKILLS/SALON MANAGEMENT (60 Hours)
• SKI114 PRACTICUM (248 Hours)
• ARTIFICIAL NAIL REMOVAL (5 Services)
• BACK TREATMENTS (15 Services)
• EYELASH APPLICATION (10 Services)
• EVENTS (3 Services)
• FACIALS (60 Services)
• HAIR REMOVAL (30 Services)
• LASH AND BROW TINTING (10 Services)
• MAKEUP APPLICATION (10 Services)
• MANICURE (20 Services)
• MANUAL EXTRACTIONS (10 Services)
• MASSAGE/HANDS (10 Services)
• NAIL FILL-INS (10 Services)
• NAIL WRAPS/MENDING (10 Services)
• PARAFFIN (10 Services)
• PEDICURE (10 Services)
• POLISH & NAIL ART (10 Services)
• SALON MANAGEMENT (20 Services)
• SCULPTING USING A FORM (15 Services)
• SET/USE/MAINTAIN ELECTRICAL DEVISED (5 Services)
• SHAMPOOING/DRAPING/SCALP TREATMENT (10 Services)
• TIPS WITH OVERLAY (15 Services)
• SANITATION (295 Services)
All hours and services are those required by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR).
Note: All programs are taught in a cycle. Students are able to start at any point of the cycle and still fulfill all program requirements.
Milady’s Standard Esthetics Fundamentals and Milady’s Standard Nail Technology Textbooks.
Equipment / Materials
Students will receive a uniform, an equipment bag, and a skincare, nail and makeup kit with all the necessary instruments and materials to perform the required services.
After a student completes 900 hours, services, exams and fulfills all finan¬cial obligations to the school, a diploma will be awarded.
Completion time depends on the number of hours the student attends weekly. Based on a 25 hour per week schedule, the normal time frame of completion would be 8 months.
Method of Payment
Tuition and fee payments may be arranged on a weekly or monthly basis. The first payment is due on the first day of class, and on the same day of every week or month thereafter. Federal Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
The Higher Education Act of 1965 requires proprietary and vocational colleges to provide an eligible program of training to prepare students for Gainful Employment. Below you will find information for related occupations listed for Full Specialist with Salon Management. The web link will provide information for tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities, work activities, work context, job zone, education, interests, work styles, work values, related occupations, wages and employment trends, other sources and additional information. Also included is the on-time graduation rate, tuition, fees, room and board, books and supplies, job placement rate, and median loan debt incurred.
CIP Code: 12.0409
CIP Description: Aesthetician/Esthetician and Skin Care Specialist
Full Specialist with Salon Management includes occupations such as Skin Care Specialists, Manicurists, Pedicurists and First-Line supervisors/Managers of Personal Service Workers.
SOC Code: 39-5094
SOC Description: Skin Care Specialists
SOC Code: 39-5092
SOC Description: Manicurists and Pedicurists
SOC Code: 39-1021
SOC Description: First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Personal Service Workers
Cost of Attendance for the entire program:
Books & Supplies
Room & Board
Total with Room & Board
Overall Placement Rate: 84.25%
On-time Graduation Rate: 63%
Note: The placement rate was calculated using the accrediting agency formula.
Students borrowing for the Full Specialist with Salon Management program have a median loan total indebtedness of $9318.50. Monthly payments for the Direct Loan program must start at $50.00. To calculate your monthly repayment amount for your total student loan borrowed you can access www.finaid.org/calculators.
Median Loan Debt for Private Educational Loans after graduation: N/A
Median Loan Debt for Institutional Loan debt after graduation: N/A