To prepare students to meet the State of Florida mandated requirements to become a licensed Nail Technician. CLOCK HOURS: 240
The Nail Technician program prepares students to become trained professionals in a growing industry. Students participate in a hands-on program of instruction in all areas of nail care, including practical application, related theory, infectious control, and customer service. The program is designed to provide comprehensive knowledge to provide basic manicures. Students may exercise their artistic talents with creative projects in nail design. Students will gain expertise that will equip them to work in nail salons, hotel spas, cruise ships, and at other nail service providers.
- HIV104 HIV/AIDS (4 Hours)
- NT101 PROFESSIONAL IMAGE (25 Hours)
- NT102 NAIL TIPS & WRAPS (25 Hours)
- NT103 UV GELS (25 Hours)
- NT104 ARTIFICAL NAIL REMOVAL (10 Hours)
- NT105 MONOMER LIQUIDS & POLYMER POWDER (25 Hours)
- NT106 NAIL FILL-INS (10 Hours)
- NT107 NAIL DISEASES & DISORDERS (25 Hours)
- NT108 INFECTIOUS CONTROL: PRINCIPLES & PRACTICES (25 Hours)
- NT109 FLORIDA LAW FOR NAILS (5 Hours)
- NT110 POLISH & NAIL ART (11 Hours)
- NT111 MANICURING (25 Hours)
- NT112 PEDICURING (25 Hours)
- ARTIFICIAL NAIL REMOVAL (5 Services)
- MANICURE (2O Services)
- NAIL FILL-INS (10 Services)
- PEDICURE (10 Services)
- POLISH & NAIL ART (10 Services)
- SCULPTING USING A FORM (15 Services)
- TIPS WITH OVERLAY (15 Services)
- WRAPS & MENDING (10 Services)
- EVENTS (3 Services)
- SANITATION (95 Services)
All hours and services are those required by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR).
Note: All programs are taught in a cycle. Students are able to start at any point of the cycle and still fulfill all program requirements.
Cost of Attendance for the entire program:
|Books and Supplies||
*Overall Placement Rate: 90.62%
Note: The placement rate was calculated using the accrediting agency formula.