To prepare students to meet the State of Florida mandated requirements to become a licensed Facial Specialist, as well as learn the basics of Makeup Artistry.
CLOCK HOURS: 300
The Makeup Artist and Skin Care program is designed to teach the skills and knowledge required of makeup technicians in spas, salons, and as representatives of major makeup companies. Students learn to perform complete facials and skin treatments, as well as the basics of traditional and artistic makeup. The course teaches techniques and resources to use in order to meet client needs for specific care. Students receive practical, hands-on experience and learn professional business skills needed to succeed in a growing and competitive industry. Graduates possess the basic knowledge to become makeup artists, retail sales specialists, and skin care consultants.
- HIV104 HIV/AIDS (4 Hours)
- BMU101 MAKEUP (38 Hours)
- BMU102 EYELASH & BROW TINTING (15 Hours)
- SKI101 ETHICS (2 Hours)
- SKI102 PRODUCT CHEMISTRY (8 Hours)
- SKI103 HAIR REMOVAL (8 Hours)
- SKI104 BASICS OF ELECTRICITY (10 Hours)
- SKI105 SANITATION (10 Hours)
- SKI106 FLORIDA LAWS FOR SKIN (5 Hours)
- SKI107 SKIN THEORY, DISEASES & DISORDERS OF THE SKIN (85 Hours)
- SKI108 FACIAL TECHNIQUES & CONTRAINDICATIONS (115 Hours)
- EYELASH APPLICATION (10 Services)
- FACIALS (40 Services)
- HAIR REMOVAL (20 Services)
- LASH & BROW TINTING (10 Services)
- MAKEUP APPLICATION (10 Services)
- MANUAL EXTRACTIONS (5 Services)
- SET/USE/MAINTAIN ELECTRICAL DEVICES (5 Services)
- SANITATION (100 Services)
All hours and services are those required by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR).
Note: All programs are taught in a cycle. Students are able to start at any point of the cycle and still fulfill all program requirements.
Cost of Attendance for the entire program:
|Books and Supplies||
*Overall Placement Rate: 89.17%
Note: The placement rate was calculated using the accrediting agency formula.